Thursday, March 1, 2012

Newness.

I finally got my computer back, which means...more blogging! 

(Hopefully.)

2 new things today.

1. I got this cute new table (well, it's new to me but not new new.) I am in love with it. Except I don't really know what all I should put on top of it. It needs more...not just picture frames. Any suggestions?



2. I tried a new recipe today, from Pinterest, of course! I changed it up a little, because of course I'm cooking for myself and not a whole family. This recipe makes enough for about six people, so I cut everything in half, and had leftovers for lunch the next day. The original recipe that I used came from Jamie's blog. (**FYI: My pictures are NO WHERE near as good and appetizing-looking as the pictures on Jamie's site. But even though the food may not look pretty, I promise it tastes good!!)

Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta

3 large chicken breasts
5 cups corn flakes
3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 12oz package farfalle (bowtie) pasta

Sauce:
1 10oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb flavor)
2 cans cream of chickens soup
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup milk

1. In a small food processor, crush the corn flakes into crumbs. (Or you can use the Corn Flakes crumbs pre-made mixture that's sold like bread crumbs.)

2. Mix the salt and flour together.

3. Place the flour, milk and cornflakes into their own separate containers. 

4. Place the chicken into a gallon sized Ziploc bag and pound the meat flat with a mallet.

5. Cut each breast in half (or into strips.)

6. Dredge the chicken in flour. Lay the chicken on a small cookie sheet and place in the freezer for five minutes.

7. Begin cooking the pasta according to package directions.

8. Remove the chicken from the freezer and dredge in the milk, followed by the corn flakes, making sure it is completely coated.

9. Add the olive oil to a hot skillet.

10. Carefully lay each piece of chicken into the hot oil. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the underside is golden-brown. Turn the pieces over. 


11. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Let the chicken cook about 7 more minutes. 

12. Once the chicken is finished, place them on a plate and cover with tin foil.

13. In the same pan, pour the chicken broth, Philly Cooking Cream, cream of chicken, and milk. Whisk together until the mixture becomes warm and bubbly.


14. Slice your chicken into strips and serve over pasta and sauce.


Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks so yummy! I will definitely have to try it!
    xo,
    eMr

    ReplyDelete