Monday, March 5, 2012

My first VoxBox!

Guess what came in the mail today?! 

My first VoxBox from Influenster!


Just in case you don't know what Influenster is, I'll tell you. You sign up on their website (for free) and create a profile, where you take quizzes about things that interest you in order to earn badges. Then, Influenster uses those badges and quizzes to send you VoxBoxes based on your interests. What's a VoxBox? It's a box filled full of free goodies and products that Influenster thinks you will like (yes, based on your badges and quizzes!) Then you just review the products and talk about the brands. That's it. And the more active you become on the site, the more free stuff you get! And I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge fan of free stuff! 

So, back to my first VoxBox! Here's what I got, and my initial thoughts.


Stash Tea Herbal Tea Sampler
I've never really been a tea drinker, but I mean it's free, so it can't hurt to try it, right?! This is a pack of their 9 most popular flavors, some of which actually sound good (peppermint) and some that I'm iffy on (licorice spice??) One thing I'm wondering though that may make me more apt to try it...can I use it in my Keurig?? I have the resuable filter so I can make my own coffee with my own grounds. But can I do the same thing with tea? I know Keurig makes K-Cups for tea, but this is different. If I could use the Keurig, I'd definitely be more likely to try it.

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor
I think it's ridiculous how expensive razors and their replacement blades are. So the fact that I got a new free one is super exciting! I haven't used Venus in awhile, but I'm down to switch again if it turns out to be a good razor and is comparable in price to the others.

Ghirardelli Gourmet Milk Creamy Devotion Bar
Chocolate. Need I say more?! I'm the most excited about this product, to be certain. Not to mention it came with a coupon, so I could have more!

Kiss Nail Dress
This is a product I've actually been eyeing for awhile now and have seriously considered trying it. However, I work at Lowe's (in the paint department), so my nails are never in decent shape. This fact breaks my heart, because this girl LOVES getting her nails done. But it's such a waste of money when I play with paint and paint-removing chemicals every day. However, next week I have several days off (taking my own little 'spring break,') so I think that would be the perfect time to try them!

Truvia Natural Sweetener
I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty hesitant about trying this. I absolutely hate Splenda, and I've kind of always equated this product to that. I can't stand the after taste Splenda gives, and I assumed most alternative sweeteners have the same thing. I prefer just plain old sugar (so not healthy, I know). But I'm going to give this a try, probably in my coffee in the morning.

So, that's what my first VoxBox consists of! Stay tuned for more info on each product as I try it...we'll see if my perceptions and opinions are changed about a few of these things. 

I think I'm going to go eat some chocolate now...

:)
  

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat! I'm definitely going to have to sign up for that!
    xo,
    eMr

    ReplyDelete