Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top 5 Tuesday

Today I'm linking up with Rachel over at Just Peachy for a Top 5 Tuesday: Restaurant edition.

I don't know about you, but picking out my 5 favorite restaurants is hard. But I'm going to try!

Transmetropolitan


This is an Athens original -- there's only two here in town -- with the original being downtown on Clayton Street, and the other on the west side of town. They have AMAZING pizza and pasta. The pizza is  by the slice or the pie, and they have original and Sicilian pizzas. YUM. My personal favorite is to create my own pasta bowl with egg fettuccine, either alfredo or garlic olive oil sauce, grilled chicken, and feta. To die for.


Fado Irish Pub Cheese Dip and Boxty Wedges

Now I've only been here once for a friends birthday, but HOLY COW, these little babies in the picture above are worth making this place one of my top five faves. They're called boxty wedges, which are basically fried potatoes cut really thin, and they come with this amazing cheese dip. I couldn't tell you one other thing I had that night because these rocked my world.

Taqueria La Parilla

logo

I could eat Mexican food for pretty much every meal and totally be fine. Which doesn't make any sense at all, because I'm extremely picky and don't actually like most of the food. I mean, I hate tomatoes, and peppers, and onions. But give me salsa (yes, I eat salsa even though it has tomatoes), cheese dip, quesadillas, nachos...and I'm a happy girl.


Outback

I don't ever remember eating at Outback much when I was younger, but my roommate now works there, so I frequent it a lot. And they have some good food. There ranch dipping sacue that comes with their bacon cheddar fries is good enough to drink. And they have this filet focaccia sandwich that is deeeeelicious.



This is another Athens-only establishment, but it's got a little bit of a famous past. REM, who is from Athens, named one of their albums after the restaurants slogan, "Automatic for the People." This place is not for those who want anything healthy -- everything here is swimming in grease, but it's some of the best soul food you will find. The fried chicken is heavenly, and the potatoes, mac and cheese, and everything else, is just awesome. It is an Athens tradition and a must for anyone visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to plan a trip to Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. an irish pub sounds amazing!

    mexican food is always a safe bet :)

    cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete