Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

Day 1 of not eating out and trying new recipes went pretty good I think! I tried a new recipe called Chicken Spaghetti Casserole last night, and I think it turned out pretty well! I have no clue where I got the original recipe from...it's one I've had written down for a long time and I just finally got around to making it. So, here it is!

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

1 14oz can of chicken broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp house seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic salt)
3 1/2 cups chopped chicken, cooked
2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
1 12oz box angel hair pasta, cooked
3/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 13"x9" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine broth, soups, sour cream, and house seasoning.
3. Stir in cooked chicken and cheese.
4. Add pasta, tossing gently to coat.
5. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
6. In small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted better. Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
7. Bake 30-40 minutes.


Word of warning...this makes a TON of pasta. It's definitely a family-sized portion, so now I have enough to feed my roommate and I for days. I would recommend cutting the recipe in half if you're cooking for less than 4 people. I also used my own blend of cheeses because I couldn't find white cheddar already shredded in the bag. And I did a little extra cheese because I LOVE cheese and I don't think you can have enough!

I hope you enjoy this recipe--let me know if you try it and how you like it!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! This looks delish... I'm going to have to add it to my "to make" list :) Thanks for sharing!!

    www.livingbarefootandcrazy.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete