Monday, February 20, 2012

Makin' Lists

I've been MIA the past few weeks...and I've missed my little corner of the world wide web! My computer has been getting a little TLC, and I'm not a fan of using the blogger app on my phone to post from. But oh well, I'm doing it today!

Last night I decided I was going to be super organized and make a nice grocery list based on the necessities, of course, plus the ingredients I needed for some new recipes I wanted to try. Plus, I figured if I got some good stuff, it would keep me from eating out so much. I don't know about you guys, but with my work schedule I eat out way too much and I am so over it. So my goal is to eat only meals cooked at home, by me, for the next week. If I can accomplish this, it'll be a pretty big feat for me! So I made this lovely grocery list last night grouped by sections/type of food. Then, when I was at the store today (I pretty much always use the same store), I made notes on my list of what was on each aisle. So next time, I can actually write my list aisle by aisle and make my shopping much more efficient. Because a lot of times I go to the grocery store and wander around, never really sure what to get or what I need or even what I want. And I hate that! Also, I loaded lots of coupons onto my Kroger Plus Card last night and wound up saving almost $30! That's nothing compared to what these people on all these coupon shows save, but I feel pretty good about it!

So, over the next week or so, I'll probably be posting lots of picture of (hopefully) yummy food from all the new recipes I want to try this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment